December 13, 2010

Decisions, Decisions

Well I figured I'd better post something. I feel really bad because I have been slacking, and now my parent's are in St. George for the Winter their phone and internet is shut off. Not much blogging from me for a while, and if I do it will be without pictures I guess.

Speaking of jobs and ranches, I think we've decided to be undecided at the moment. We made an offer on a small place in Nebraska and it was rejected. So we made a bold move and offered the owner exactly what he wanted- just in speaking to the realator. After a lot of thought he told us the owner would do it and we just needed to make a real offer with all the paperwork- which takes a lot of time. Then Daniel got "cold feet". Now we're mulling around other opportunities that are out there- jobs, government assistance in getting into a ranch, blah, blah, blah. Did you know that 17,000 farms and ranches were lost last year alone, because the older generation has to sell out and the younger generation can't afford to buy them? So there are programs all over to help young families get into farming and ranching, most of them are school/government funded or directed. But it all takes time, and this baby is growing every day and I'm getting closer to my due date, which means that the season to sell APX is getting closer as well. We may be stuck selling APX again, even if we don't own a ranch. At least we have something to fall back on. I know some people who haven't had a job in months and can't find one. APX really wants Daniel back, but it's not what he wants to do, unless he has to , to support a ranch. Who knows what will happen? I'm sure it will all work out in the end. For now we have my parents' house to ourselves until April, or until the baby is born and my mom just can't stay away!

We're getting ready for Christmas and I don't know what to get Daniel. This is the first year I've been stumped with what to give him. AND this is the first year I've seen him all giddy with what he ALREADY got me. Usually he waits until the week of Christmas.

As soon as something changes and we've made some decisions I will make my next post, until then...

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Thanks for keeping us updated. If it means anything at all, I think waiting is a good idea. I bet you can get a fine place with a govt' program and it will be worth the wait. And closer to me, I hope! How great woudl it be for all our kids 2B in Primary together again? Even the babies! Woo hoo! :) Merry Christmas, lovies!

01 09 10